(makes 12 muffins)
- 1.5 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 C cane sugar
- 1/3 C finely ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C pureed butternut squash (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 C raisins (or chocolate chips)
- 1/2 C skim milk
- 2 small very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 350.
1) In two separate bowls, mix dry, then wet, and then combine, adding wet to dry and stirring gently until the mixture is uniform-ish.
2) Spoon the mixture into a non-stick (or sprayed with PAM) muffin tray. Don’t forget to sprinkle some raw oats on top to make ‘em look pretty!
3) Pop them in the oven for about 25 minutes. Fork check to make sure they are done.
My notes: I used half an avocado instead of the second banana, wheat germ instead of flax meal, and squirted a little bit of agave into the wet ingredients, and of course used soy milk, oh, and I put vanilla in the wet ingredients, too. I used the white sugar, but I think I'll just use a few dates next time because they were a teensy bit too sweet. We put this in the dinosaur pan the Warlock's mom gave our family for Christmas. They were a huge hit. This recipe is from this website.