1. 2c. whole wheat flour
2. 1 ½ tsp baking powder
3. 1 tsp salt
4. 1 ½ tsp. oil
5. 1 c. or more lukewarm water
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together then add oil and water. The mixture should be sticky. Transfer the mixture on a floured surface and knead well until the dough is no longer sticky. The dough should be as soft like an earlobe. If not add more warm water and knead well. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rest for 15 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into several balls (the size it's up to you) and cover them well for 15-30 minutes.
3. Roll out each ball from the center into thin circle. If it's sticky add a thin layer of flour on the rolling pin and surface you are working with.
4. Warm a dry griddle (don't add oil) over medium high heat. Cook the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side or until the dough looks dry, started to form layers.
5. Wrap the cooked tortillas in a dry clean napkin(towel)
*You can cook 3-4 or more tortillas at the same time if you have a griddle or you can use one or two large cast-iron skillets at the same time