Friday, February 8, 2008

Apple Strudel

I just came across a great apple dessert from Dr. Fuhrman. I wasn't really sure if it would be that good as I was making it, but it was fantastic. I ate half the pan! The great thing is that it has absolutely zero sugar! It filled my house with such a nice smell as well. I love guilt free desserts! Enjoy!

1/4 cup apple juice (I didn't have apple juice so I used pineapple, it was great)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg white
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk or milk or whatever you use (I jused unsweetened, plain vanilla soy)
3 apples, peeled and chopped (I didn't peel, too lazy)
1/4 cup raisins (dates could be used, I didn't use anything since my husband is anti-raisin)
1/2 cup rolled oats or oatmeal flakes (I'm going to use more next time, they were so good)

Mix together the juice, vanilla, cinnamon, egg white and soy milk.
Stir in the apples, raisins, and oats.
Pour into an 8x8 inch baking dish. Bake uncovered for one hour.

My recommendation is to double the recipe. A single recipe won't be enough!
I might also cover it with foil since I want it a little less crispy. Either way is delicious!
Bon Appetit

No comments: