Thursday, January 1, 2009

Brownie Fruit Pizza

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup sweetener (I've used maple syrup, date sugar, and pureed dates into the tofu)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 12.3 oz. package Mori-Nu Lite Silken Tofu, firm or extra firm (I've used other types of tofu and it is fine)
1/2 cup fortified soy milk or rice milk
1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 
Preheat over to 350. Stir flour, sweetener (if dry), cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.  Puree tofu in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, then blend in milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Add tofu mixture to dry ingredients and stir just enough to mix. Spread batter on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Cool. I spread a macadamia nut cream on the brownie. (Macadamia nut cream: 2/3 cup dates, 1 1/3 cup macadamias, 1 cup soymilk) You could try spreading a low sugar jam on it as well or whatever you want. Then add fruit of choice. I added apple, banana, pineapple, kiwi, mandarin, oranges and a little coconut on mine.

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Yum! I'm glad I have sisters who are creative cooks...

MT Missy said...

Ooh this sounds yummy! I can't wait to give it a try :)