Monday, October 26, 2009

Shelley's Holiday Ribbon Salad

I'm posting this recipe because my hubby LOVED it. He didn't even eat it with salad dressing. I couldn't find radishes and I only had a few pomegranate seeds so I added craisins as well. I ate it with the dressing and really enjoy it too. This recipe is also in the greensmoothiegirl's book.

2 cups each, kale and collards, cut in fine ribbons
2 cups cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 cup radishes, finely chopped
2 apples, shredded
1 large mango, finely
3/4 of a pomegranate
2 avocadoes, chopped

Mix all well, and serve with any tangy dressing.

Optional dressing:

Dill Lemon-Honey Dressing

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. honey
2 garlic
1 Tbsp. dry dill (or 1/4 cup fresh)
1/4 tsp. sea salt

Blend all ingredients in mixer. Excellent on whole-wheat veggie wraps or Shelley's Holiday Ribbon Salad.

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

oooo so glad I checked this today. I'm going to have to sample some of her recipes. I'm in a cooking funk lately.