Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Taco Mac Salad

Tonight Pippi helped me make the meal, so of course, it was fabulous. "Mom this is yummy gummy... This is the most bestest goodest meal ever... Dad thinks its just okay, but I love this...You know Mom, I think this is the best meal I've ever had in Texas... Mmmmmm thanks for letting me help you with this Mom." I think I should have Pippi help me make dinner every night.

Taco Mac Salad from Menus4Moms:
  • 1 box (8 oz.) tri-color spiral macaroni
  • 1 lb. taco seasoned ground beef
  • 1/2 cup green peppers, chopped
  • 1/2 cup onions, chopped
  • 1 cup cheese - cheddar, shredded
  • 1 carton cherry tomatoes
  • 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 1/2 cup french dressing
  • 1 package nacho doritos

Cook macaroni as directed. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain again. In a large bowl mix macaroni, green pepper, onion, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, & seasonings. Chill. Just before serving, stir in warm seasoned ground beef, french dressing and chips. Toss lightly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am gonna try this. At a potluck I tried a salad to doritos in it but this one looks much better!

MT Missy said...

Mmm...it just so happens that I have almost all of the ingredients at home right now, I think I'll try this one tonight!

The Silly Witch said...

You guys will have to let me know if you like it as much as Pippi.

MT Missy said...

I've got a bowl full of yummy taco mac salad and it' just as good as Pippy says it is!