Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chocolate Banana Bread...It's so good it could be cake!


1 c margarine/butter softened
2 c white sugar
4 eggs
6 bananas, mashed
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c lite sour cream
1 c semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Lightly grease two 9x5 in. loaf pans. In a large bowl cream together margarine/butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in bananas (as always, the older the better!) and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 min, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.

5 comments:

Prudence said...

This looks soooooo good! I can't wait to try it!

Unknown said...

Yumm! This recipe must be really moist because every banana bread recipe I have ever seen calls for 3 bananas, not 6! WOW!

The Silly Witch said...

MMmmmmm. This reminds me of the summer we spent in the trailer when we had TONS of zucchini. I think we made zucchini bread everyday. And we also made chocolate zucchini bread. Anyone remember?

Unknown said...

I remember! The chocolate was the best!

MT Missy said...

I don't think I'll ever forget all of that zucchini!!!