Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Salsa! cha cha cha

Since I have moved to the desert, salsa has become a very "hot" item. A friend taught me how to make her fresh salsa, and it has become my husband’s favorite. His co-workers have now started to request it!




Ingredients include:

1 can (28oz) Diced Tomatoes
1 medium Onion
1 bunch Cilantro
2 Jalapeños
7 Key Limes
2-3 cloves Garlic
Salt to taste

First tear off most of the stem of the cilantro, and then cut it into about 5-6 sections, then place it at the bottom of your CuisinArt. Next cut onion into about 24 sections, place them in your CuisinArt. Then, dump in the diced tomatoes, diced garlic, jalapeños (cut in to small sections), and salt. Chop all ingredients in CuisinArt using 1 second bursts (pulse button) until completely combined.
** You may think that it is strange to cut the ingredients prior to chopping them in the CuisinArt, but it is essential so that the ingredients end up as equal sizes. Nobody wants to bite into a huge chunk of jalapeño of their tortilla chip!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Prudence said...

Yummy! I can't wait to try this!

The Silly Witch said...

Mmmmmmmm. When I get my kitchen back in order I'll be trying this recipe right away.

MT Missy said...

Now I know what to eat with all those tortilla chips we've got on the shelf.

MT Missy said...

This is just a perfect blend, I used the basic ingredients and then I left everything chopped up w/o blending it all up, and I liked it even better, all yummy and fresh!