Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bran Flax Muffins

This recipe is from one of my friends from Hawaii who's kids are allergic to everything. They are so good and healthy. I think she added chocolate chips to the batch she gave me.

1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. ground flax seed
3/4 c. oat bran or regular oats ground
1 c. brown sugar
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
2 t ground cinnamon
3/4 c. milk or soymilk
1 t vanilla
2 TB. canola oil
2 c. shredded carrots
2 apples, peeled and shredded
1/2 c. raisins (optional)
1 c. nuts (optional)
1/2-1 c. coconut (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease muffin pan or bundt pan. Mix dry ingredients, add wet. Stir in carrots, apples and nuts. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 15-20 min. for muffins or 40-50 min. for bundt.

3 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

Now that's a breakfast muffin!

Unknown said...

those really sound yummy!

MT Missy said...

I love bran, but I've never tried anything with flax in it, so I'm for sure going to have to give this one a try. It'll be an adventure!