Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Ever Made

I have to put this recipe in for posterity's sake (and so I don't lose it!). This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe that our mom has made since we were little girls. It makes a HUGE batch of cookies so be prepared to share them! I usually send them to work with my husband. All the people he works with swear there is something addictive in them. I don't know how the Silly Witch feels about these cookies but they are the best. Be sure to follow the instructions exactly. They must be beaten for 10 minutes and then 3 minutes after you add the eggs and then 3 minutes after you add everything else. Don't skip this vital step. I think this is what makes them so good. I have also added almond extract instead of vanilla. This makes them even more addicting! Nuts can be added. I added macademias one time and they were awesome. Also, a little whole wheat can be substituted in without changing the taste much. Enjoy!

1 lb. butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
6 cups white flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons real vanilla (I add 4 if it's imitation vanilla)
4 cups chocolate chips

Beat butter and sugars for 10 minutes. Add 3 eggs and beat 3 minutes. Add flour, salt, soda and vanilla. Beat 3 more minutes. Add chocolate chips. Form into teaspoon size balls and bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.


posted by Prudence

No comments: