Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Potato Carrot Kugel

From The New Laurel's Kitchen cookbook. My WHOLE family loved this!

1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons oil
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
3/4 cup vegetable stock or water
1 cup grated carrots or 2 cups winter squash
3 grated potatoes
2 beaten eggs (this recipe works with 1 egg as well)
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt (I cut the salt in half)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Saute onion in oil (I actually used vegetable broth) until well done, and add garlic. Add stock, carrots, and potatoes and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in eggs. Mix together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and seasonings and add to vegetables. Pour into a greased baking dish and bake fro 1 hour. Serves 4 to 6.

1 comment:

MT Missy said...

Ooh yummy! I'm beginning to be jealous of your new cookbooks, I'm so glad you're sharing all these great recipes.