Thursday, May 8, 2008

Broccoli And Tomato Pasta

Again another one from my friend I haven't tried, but would like to try!
 
 
 
8oz uncooked spaghetti
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper

In a large kettle I boiled water and then added spaghetti, let it boil for 6 minutes. Then I added broccoli and let it boil another 3 or 4 minutes until both pasta and broccoli were tender.
At the same time in the skillet, I saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in the oil for about 2 minutes. I then drain the pasta and broccoli mix and add it to the skillet. Then I add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.

1 comment:

The Silly Witch said...

I tried this! And I really liked it. I can't say the rest of my family enjoyed it as much as me, though.