Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. salt (optional, I didn't add it and it was fine)
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup light tasting oil or applesauce
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 T. water
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix all the dry ingredients in and bowl and then the wet ingredients in a different bowl. Add the wet to the dry and stir until moistened. Let sit 5 minutes. They are a little hard to shape, but you can try patting them into a 1/8 or 1/4 measuring cup. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, one baking sheet at a time on the middle rack.

I used applesauce instead of oil and dates instead of chocolate chips. The applesauce changes the consistency of the cookie but it is still really good. My friend who gave me the recipe used oil and they were VERY good and addicting. Turkey Legs couldn't stop eating them, hence, the reason I used applesauce, not quite as addicting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

they sound delicious, but I may have to use chocolate chips!