Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Cashew Caesar Dressing

Here's another recipe from Dr. Fuhrman. This one is so good and the best part is no oil! It is kind of thick so it's great as a raw veggie dip and you can put lots on your salad and not feel guilty! Turkey Legs loved it, so did the kids.

Serves: 4
Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
4 - 8 cloves garlic, roasted *
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/2 cup cashew butter
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Instructions:Roast garlic, then blend all ingredients together. * To roast garlic; break the cloves apart. Leave the papery skins on. Roast at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes until mushy. When cool, remove skins. Yield: 2 cups Serving Size: 1/2 cup

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yumm! I love cashews so I bet I will love this. I am glad you explained how to roast garlic,I wouldn't have known otherwise.