Thursday, January 3, 2008

Almost Ice Cream

Try this one out! Turkey Legs was a huge fan of the blueberry flavor I made him today.

bag of frozen fruit
a few dates
milk of choice

Throw the fruit, dates and a little milk in the food processor and process. Don't add too much milk or it turns into a smoothie; just enough to get the processor to work. It should be thick enough to put in a bowl and eat with a spoon. I've tried blueberry, strawberry, and peach so far. I'm excited to try banana and pineapple. The blueberry was the best so far! Have fun experimenting!

5 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I need to try this instead of eating ice cream when I need a fix. Thanks for the idea...you're full of them lately.

Prudence said...

I have been eating this almost everday after a meal and sometimes for a snack! It's definitely a great fix when I need something sweet and it's so yummy!

The Silly Witch said...

I tried this. I added diced dates, and they never fully blended in. The berries and milk pureed together would have been just fine.

Unknown said...

Do you think it would work to add a little O.J. and bananas?

Prudence said...

Bananas is really yummy, especially with peanuts sprinkled on top! I thought I was eating a banana split! Orange juice would work too. Someone told me strawberries and orange juice is good too. I think any liquid works. My dates never fully blend in either, but sometimes I like to get a chunk in my ice cream. The kids love this.