Thursday, January 3, 2008

Yummy Smoothies

This is a smoothie I tried from Dr. Fuhrman. You will never believe how good this is!!! I couldn't believe it. Give it a try even if it seems a little weird!

1 bag of spinach
1 bag frozen blueberries
a couple of tablespoons flaxmeal
a few dates
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
soymilk (I used vanilla, I think he uses unsweetened)
a banana (I actually put in two because I was unsure how it would taste, I think one would be just fine though)

Put it all in a food processor and blend til smooth. It's so good. I made this drink because I was so sick of eating salad, but I still needed to eat some greens that day. Next time I do it, I'm going to soften the dates by putting them in a little water and boiling it for a few minutes and then pureeing them first. This way I won't have so many chunks of dates in it. It was hard to drink with a straw with the date pieces.

Here's another one I haven't tried yet:

spinach
kiwi
avocado
pineapple banana

I hope to try it soon, but if you do first let me know how it tastes.

1 comment:

MT Missy said...

I'm excited to try this one. Mom mentioned to me that flaxmeal doesn't really absorb into your body unless it's soaked first, so I was thinking, if you soak the flax with the dates then it'll be more healthy and more yummy as well. Just a thought...I have no research whatsoever to back that one up. Cheerio!